According to a recent ruling by the Greek Debt Truth commission which was established by the Hellenic parliament to investigate the causes of the debt and terms of its bailout. The background to it findings have been discussed clearly in a recent posting on the Conversation blog. Here are some more useful links to academic research resources.
- European Union facts, reports and data on assistance to Greece
- European Financial Stability Fund - press releases and reports on the terms of the financial package.
- IMF statements and reports
- The Greek statistical authority has up to date data on the economy. Dr Margot Salomon, LSE Centre for the Study of Human Rights and Law Department, and Professor Olivier De Schutter of the University of Louvain, have prepared a legal brief. Also worth consulting the Public Debt Management Agency which has government strategies and economic indicators.
- For analysis try free repec working papers
- LSE staff and students can consult special financial reports from the Ft.com, recent articles from the Economist and data from Economist Intelligence unit country reports and EIU Countrydata. fur further information on our data sources see the moodle course data library companion