What is the Zika virus?
Get some facts and information on symptoms from the WHO website fact sheets.
WHO public advice on the Olympics
For more medical research studies see the WHO/ PAHO database which lists studies.
PLOS - access free full text medical and epidemiological articles
Elsevier Zika Resource Centre- free access to materials made available by the publisher includes articles from the Lancet
Search for further articles on PubMed
Which countries are effected?
PAHO has a timeline and interactive maps of cases.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention maps
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control maps.
National government reports.
- Brazil's health ministry is publishing reports on Zika and microcephaly.in Portuguese
- Colombia's national institute of health weekly Zika-related reports
- The Dominican Republic's Ministry of Public Health is publishing Zika data in its weekly epidemiological bulletins.
- El Salvador's Ministry of Health is publishing Zika data in its weekly bulletins. (Click on "Boletines Epidemiológicos 2016.
- Guatemala's Ministry of Health is publishing Zika data on its website. "Salas situacionales" at the bottom of the page)